There are times in everyone’s life that they have a hard time being thankful. Times when you get knocked down and have a hard time getting back up. When it’s easier to focus on the bad, and not what you already have. Also, as a singleton, I find myself struggling during the holiday season and not getting down that I am still single, and thinking “WHY is everyone else in a relationship? When will it be my turn?”. I can’t say that I’m unhappy with where I am in my life, but I can say that sometimes I just wish I had someone else to share parts of my daily life with. I have been struggling with that lately, so in trying to get over that hump, I’m going to ‘remind’ myself of everything I am thankful for. Sometimes we just need a little swift quick to remind us how truly blessed we really are.
- My God- I would be nothing without Him, and even though I don’t lean on Him as much as I should, I know He is always there.
- My son- My life. He makes me laugh when I want to cry, and I am so blessed to have him in my life. I don’t know what I did to deserve an awesome kid like him, but I’m so grateful for him.
- My family- I have the best parents ever. They have helped me make ends meet more than I care to admit, and are so supportive and loving. If it weren’t for them, I would not have been able to go back to school, and wouldn’t be where I am today. I have an awesome older sister who has helped me more than I want to admit too. My little sister is equally as awesome- I don’t know what I’d do without them all.
- My house- I’m renting, so it’s not ‘mine’. But I have a roof over my head, and for that I am truly grateful.
- My car- My car is not only pretty, but reliable. It’s nice to finally have a car I don’t have to worry about when driving it. (Really, I know that pretty cars aren’t everything- but having a kinda new car is something I have never been able to have before. And it’s totally not falling apart. Always a bonus!)
- My friends- Love them. I wish I made more time for them- I don’t do that enough. But I always know if I need one of them, they will be there for me, without a doubt.
- My job- I’m not only glad I have a job period, but that I love working there. Not everyone is that lucky.
- ALL the men and women defending our country- Sometimes it’s easy to forget that there is a war going on, and people are making the ultimate sacrifices every.single.day. so that we may live in peace and have all the freedoms so many of us take for granted everyday.
So if you are finding yourself feeling a bit down this holiday season or anytime of year, just remember everything you already have in your life that you should be thankful for.